Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Position Statement

The position I am going to take in my paper is that of safer farming practices. I really did not know which side I was going to take when I started proposing this paper. Both sides have legitimate arguments. Farmers need mass producing farming techniques in order to meet the growing demand for food. Also these modern farming techniques are harming our environment. Before further research I was convinced that organic farming methods were not efficient enough to provide for the growing demand and dramatic increase in population size. Population growth and demand for food will be my hardest argument to counter because the world’s population is growing at such a rapid rate. But after reading Food Inc., I have come to understand that there are many organic farmers who have actually had an increase in their food production since going organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment